Earthen Clay Cooking Pot With Lid
Each of our earthenware pots are made by hand with pure clay, they are unglazed making your food healthy and non-toxic.
- 100% natural unglazed earthenware
- Clay Pot with lid beautifully hand painted with natural pigments
- Handmade in Morocco using ancestral technique
- Versatile for all meals
- Dimensions: 25cm wide (28 cm with handle) 13 cm high
- The clay pots are handmade and there might be some variance in size and finishes.
Cooking in unglazed clay pots is an ancient practice that has been used for centuries to create delicious and nutritious meals. The benefits of cooking in unglazed clay pots are numerous and can make a huge difference in the quality of your meals. The pot “breathes” and the heat is distributed evenly, Ayurveda recommends Clay Pot cooking due to its gentle cooking that help the food retain its nutritional value. Like other cookware that zap the nutrients out, Clay pots retain complex carbohydrates, which are important for a healthy diet.
They are safe to use in the oven or gas stovetop, always ensure you start with low heat and increase gradually over time.
Find out more about how to Season Before First Use and How to Care For Your Clay Pot: Clay Pot Instruction
I love clay pots, for taste and health benefits, and this Clay Pot from Little Known Makers from Morocco is one of the best I have used! for the following reasons:
1. Lid is light and has a beautiful seal to retain steam and nutrients in food.
2. This pot doesn't hold onto moisture when not in use! some of my clay pots develop a short term mould when I go away or not use them for a week or so, but this pot does not. It is very easy to clean and maintains well.
3. Is absolutely beautiful! Some of the other clay pots I have used are quite plain.
4. Food tastes amazing! and healthy! + more - non-stick, retain complex carbs, retain maximum nutrients, the pot breaths well, cooking time is very efficient.. it goes on. You can tell as you can touch this clay pot during cooking process and it is not hot! (gentle heating mechanism) , cooks with oxygen and sustainable.
HIGHLY recommend. If you invest in your food, you got to also invest in what you cook your food in!
Thank you Marie and Little Known Makers