Season Before First Use
1. Soak Pot and lid in water, thoroughly wash it, avoid using soap instead sprinkle with baking soda or use an eco detergent. Rinse well and wipe dry.
2. Fill clay pot with 1/4 Full with water. Heat-up the water and after 5 mins, add 1 tablespoon of floor of your choice, wheat flour or any all-purpose flour alternative of your choice (e.g rice, chickpea flour)
3. Stir the mixture and cook on low heat with lid on, until the mixture bubbles up and thicken.
4. Let the mixture cool down
5. Discard the mixture and rinse well with water, scrub gently if needed with a soft sponge or a non-abrasive brush
Your clay pot will fully season over time, cook water based recipes (rice, grains, soup, lentils) 3 to 5 times consecutively after initial seasoning, this will help seal the pot.
If you wish apply a fine layer of cooking oil with your hand on the outside walls of the pot and lid after seasoning. This will help with any dryness. Do not apply oil to the bottom of the pot.
Clay Pots Care Instruction
- Always start with low heat and gradually increase heat, if the heat is too high it can burn the pot
- Hand wash you pot with water, heat the pot on the gas-top using low heat to dry or wipe dry with a tick cotton cloth.
- Avoid soap and harsh cleaning agents as they might be absorbed into the porous clay structure. If scrub is needed, soak the pot in water and scrub with a non-abrasive pad or brush.
- Try use your clay pot 3 to 5 times consecutively after initial seasoning, and cook water based recipes (rice, grains, soup, lentils) to fully season your pot. Avoid dry-cooking sauteed meat the first few times.
- Avoid sudden temperature (hot/cold) change as it can cause clay pots to crack
- Refrigerator safe, however let pot cool to room temperature first or avoid putting a cold pot that’s been in the fridge straight onto the heat
- Do not soak any food in your pot as the water and impurities might be absorbed in the clay.
- Not suitable for cooking Ghee
- Best used with wooden utensil to not scratch the pot
- Store the pot in a cool, dry place.
Don't delay the seasoning and start experimenting with some nutritious recipes, happy cooking!